I had the Monday to celebrate Labor Day Weekend, then I started off the school year waking up by 4:30am to work out at my very own living room. Maddy's soft, cushy playmat that I bought from a Korean grocery store became my workout space. Imagine a thicker yoga mat, only about 10 feet longer and wider! Just perfect! I haven't worked out ever since I became pregnant with Nick, so just imagine how dusty my pair of 5 lbs. handweights became while sitting on the bottom shelf of our book case.
Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD is what I've been working out to. I know that all that P90X stuff is really popular right now, but I'm very happy with my 20 minutes of circuit exercising. Cardio. Strength. Abs. Very intense and disgustingly hard, and this is just Stage 1! I could not even do a regular push-up. Instead I modified it to the knees...girl push-up way! By the middle of the workout, I could not help but grunt and pant for air. Thank goodness I can grunt and pant in the privacy of my own living room, as opposed to doing this in a gym around everyone else. I don't care what the neighbors are thinking. The important thing is that I didn't quit. You don't just wake up at 4:30am to be a quitter! It hurts to wake up that early, and so your mind tells you to push very hard to make every movement count.
Gotta get off the computer! It's making me fat.
No comments:
Post a Comment